BWAHAHA (Blair’s Week Attempts at Haha’s) 3/28 – 4/3: Okay, so this is almost a week overdue. Fuckin’ sue me, I was busy!
No funny in this paragraph today: this is a serious issue. I think it’s safe to say that the Spring Severe Storm Season (S4) has officially kicked off. While technology allows us to watch chases live in areas we do not live in or can’t get to, there *may* also be some drawbacks to that new technology. It was recently reported that residents of a town affected by severe weather could not get good cell signals because all the bandwidth was being used up. While there is no concrete evidence that chasers were using it all up, there is no doubt that there were dozens of live streaming chasers in the area and dozens more using cell networks to download radar, etc. This is an issue the storm chasing community at large is going to have to address at some point. When does streaming cross the line from safety and information into harming the community instead? When a community can no longer communicate with emergency personnel or get their own weather reports so they know when to take shelter, is that not harming rather than helping? This is likely never going to be an issue if you are chasing in large cities like Oklahoma City (unless cell towers are taken down by storms) or in areas where chasers don’t normally appear in droves (like here in Alabama). However, if you’re in little bitty Edna… maybe you should think twice about streaming until you run across something that needs to be streamed for public safety purposes (such as an active wall cloud or tornado).
- Just saw my first chipmunk in the yard this season! I wonder how long before the cats kill it.
- Experimenting with green chile meatloaf… we’ll know if I’m an idiot or genius in about an hour.
- If you see dozens of chasers converge on your town during a storm and your tornado sirens aren’t going off, you should probably check.
- Flying rock on the interstate hit one of my AcuRite wind cups and broke it, so the loss of balance shredded the remaining two. #Bummed
140 CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS:
- Guess I didn’t need the kleenex after all. #TheWalkingDead #DeadBuzz
- So what is Morgan, Mr “All life is precious,” thinking walking into an execution? #TheWalkingDead #DeadBuzz