BWAHAHA (Blair’s Week Attempts at Haha’s) 2/7 – 2/13: What a fun week for Alabama! A federal judge made it clear that Alabama’s law preventing gay marriages was unconstitutional. Our idiotic Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, Roy Moore (or as I call him, Roy Mooreon) was like, “No fuck that bitch, only I know how to actually interpret the Constitution and those feds have no say over how we fuck people over in our state.” Because 14th Amendment be damned, we’re going to discriminate as long as we can in this state! You better send federal troops in to force us to let black kids into our schools, I mean let women vote, I mean not allow kids to work in factories, I mean let gays marry! The worst part is that Moore sent a letter to every single probate judge in Alabama telling them they didn’t have to follow federal orders and most of those judges actually listened to him. I’m sure they thought they could get away with it by saying that their “Chief Justice” told them. But see, here’s the rub… you motherfuckers aren’t dumb. You may be politically retarded, but you’re not fucking stupid. You know the law. You knew damn well that YOU could be held accountable for not issuing licenses, especially after the federal judge clarified her position. And so you got sued and you lost. Now most counties are issuing licenses. A few counties shut down their licensing departments completely and refused to issue licenses to gay or straight couples. I was okay with that strategy, because it fucked over everyone and not just same-sex couples. Alabama will go along kicking and screaming, just like it did when they were forced to let black kids into their schools and colleges and just like they did when they had to let women vote or get rid of their slaves. Alabama has and always will be on the wrong side of history and will have to be forced to move along every single time. Maybe this time Roy Mooreon won’t just get impeached, but will actually get disbarred, preventing him from ever holding a judicial office in this state again.
Thanks to the TuneIn App on the PS3, I found KROQ and KROQ2. This was the radio station from my teens in SoCal. I was so excited and was dancing around the house singing and telling Suzie about the “good old days.” I’m pretty sure she thought I was insane and called the local mental institute. KROQ was a huge influence on my life as a teenager. That station and the amazing DJs (like Richard Blade and Poorman) were the soundtrack to my life and introduced me to a world I had never known while living in Nebraska. California had a massive effect on my life, my attitude, my tastes, my personality, and who I am to this day. So to find the radio station of my teens was a profound moment for me. Suzie may never understand that, but that’s okay, because I’m still listening to KROQ (today’s alternative) and KROQ2 (80’s alternative).
- Finally watched Big Hero 6. It was really good. You’re not supposed to cry when a robot dies!!!!!!!
- SafeLite Tech is replacing my windshield while it’s 35 deg. with snow flurries (in Alabama). Get that man some hot cocoa! #SafeLiteAdvantage
- Just got a notification of a 4.8 in San Francisco and was like, “Uh-oh,” then saw it’s San Fran, Panama on Isla de Coiba. #FuckThemTheyreNotUSA
- It’s 24 degrees outside… I think I’m going to crawl into bed and snuggle with the woman hogging the electric blanket.
- Yeah, but what’s their stance on Vaping?
- The combination of payday, Valentine’s Day, and the coming Snowpocalypse made the stores a madhouse today. I’ll go grocery shopping later.
140 CHARACTER ASSASSINATIONS:
- No one in a third world country asks, “Am I morally okay with killing this chicken for food?” #FirstWorldProblems
- Saw a list saying “Breaking Dawn – Part 1” is a better than original sequel. That’s like saying shit with glitter is better than shit. #GlitterBomb
- Nooooooooooooooooooo! He wasn’t wearing a red shirt! #TWD #TheWalkingDead #RIPTyrese
- That episode was really artsy fartsy. Let’s go back to normal episodes. #TheWalkingDead
- Alabama Counties not issuing gay marriage licenses are like, “No, the black kids can’t come to our white schools.” #WrongSideOfHistoryAgain
- I love you the same today as I did yesterday, but apparently I’m supposed to love you more for 24 hours because today everyone has VD. #AntiValentinesDay
- A Night of the Living Dead Like This (by The Cure) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Christmas Dead Island (by Depeche Mode) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- My Sister Rose From the Dead (by 10,000 Maniacs) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Crypt-Tonight (by 3 Doors Down) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Dude Looks Like A Deady (by Aerosmith) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Brains In The Summertime (by The Alarm) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Dead Island Girl (by Elton John) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- November Brains (by Guns N’ Roses) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- A.D.I.D.A.Z. (by Korn) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- Always Something There to Remind Me of the Zombiepocalypse (by Naked Eyes) #ZombieSongs @midnight
- She Ate Me (by Puddle of Mudd) #ZombieSongs @midnight