BWAHAHA (Blair’s Week Attempts at Haha’s) 11/15 – 11/21: Monday night, the 17th, was an epic night for me: in every sense of the word. I was given the privilege of opening up for NYC comedian Carlos Valencia right here in Huntsville, Alabama! Thanks so much to my co-openers Nate Bailie, Tom Hand, and Jonathan Craig! Thanks to Matthew Tate for hosting the shit out of the show and for agreeing to bring in Carlos. Thanks to Carlos Valencia for swinging through and headlining and giving us the opportunity to open for him with an amazing crowd! Thank you to everyone who came out that night to the show and supported comedy. That was the most people I’ve ever seen in Maggie Meyer’s on a Monday night. At one point I’m pretty sure we were standing room only. It always feels good when people come up after a show and tell you how funny you were. So as a comic, Monday night was epic for the number of times that happened to me. It’s gratifying and it’s encouraging and it’s appreciated beyond words and measure. The epic continued into post-show open mic, encore by Carlos, and then a trip to Copper Top for karaoke where Carlos finished his Bon Jovi joke by singing Wanted Dead or Alive with a bunch of us comics doing back-up vocals from across the room. The epicness continued further as Carlos and I sat up until 5 am shooting the shit on my couch. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Huntsville comedy is doing a fundraiser so we can do more advertising and get the local scene to a new level. These awesome shirts are for sale! Buy one or two and help support local comedy and look good while doing it!
- It’s so cold outside, I got a brain freeze from breathing.
- I’m notorious for leaving my wallet at home. So I took pix of my DL, car/health ins. cards, AAA card, and company card to keep on my phone.
- After today, I decided that the overwhelming majority of men at yard sales are there by force, coercion, false promises, or manipulation.
- I just sang Enjoy the Silence ironically at karaoke. Now doing backup for Carlos Valencia doing Wanted Dead or Alive
- Trying new jokes tonight at Bootleg Comedy. Come watch me and other comics succeed or fail. If the jokes aren’t funny, you can at least laugh at us!
- I couldn’t do my sleepgasm joke tonight because the first comedian on stage did a sleepgasm joke. On the positive side, at least now I know I’m not the only person that’s happened to.
- I have my computer (playing Pandora) hooked up to my large ass speakers. I think my house is going to shake apart.
- Tip for Southerners from this once Northerner now living in the South: warm your jacket in the dryer before you head outside. Warm goodness!
140 CHARACTER ASSASSINATION:
- “Only a white man would make a fire for everyone to see.” #TheWalkingDead Dances With Wolves version.
- “Oh, you’ll never ever know. The one who loved you so. Well, you don’t know me.” – Ray Charles #TheWalkingDead
- Become a St. Louis police officer. #HowToGetAwayWithMurder
- Do it in a city with an overwhelmed and underpaid police force, like Detroit. #HowToGetAwayWithMurder
- Ted Talks Bundy #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Ed Half-Geiner #LamerCriminals @midnight
- The Light Stalker #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Atlanta Stripper #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Boston Terrier Wrangler #LamerCriminals @midnight
- The O’Jays Back Stabbers #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Jack the Crippler #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Pugsy Beagle #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Billy the Toddler #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Bunny & Clydesdale #LamerCriminals @midnight
- Underoos Bomber #LamerCriminals @midnight