I’ve decided that dating is a lot like buying electronic devices. I know that seems like a weird comparison, but let’s look at how this pans out:
1. Sometimes an electronic is bad right out of the box.
2. Often times you get sucked in by the bells and whistles only to realize after buying it that it’s a cheap piece of plastic crap.
3. You often buy the cheapest one and look online for the best deals. You’re usually disappointed, but you keep going back to that weird auction site anyway. Because hey, you just might win the lottery and actually get a good product off there one day!
4. You realize quickly that refurbished is just a fancy way of saying, “The previous owner used and abused this product.”
5. You’re always impressed with your new electronic, but after awhile that newness wears off and you want the latest model.
6. If you’re lucky, you’ll stumble upon an electronic that’s built to last for a lifetime. Or at least until the seven year itch.
Keep buying. Sooner or later you’ll find that perfect electronic device. Or not.